CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I

I was looking through one of my friend's blog and I realized that I wanted to bring this topic long ago. But I always forgot somehow. So here it is.

Did you know that the a research showed that 'I' is the most used word in telephone?
Well, it's a fact and I think we should all know that.

In case you're wondering, what's the point of me writing this? Bringing this topic?
It's not weird that the word 'I' is used a lot.
Lemme tell you, THAT is the point.
Still got confused?

We, we just don't realize of how often we talk about ourselves.
I mean, we just care about ourselves, we tell stories, not caring whether the listener wants to hear the story or not.
For example, when you talk about Harry Potter,
'Oh, I love Harry, but I hate Ron. I envy Hermione, she's so beautiful and talented. And Mrs. Weasly, I think she is so nice. Dumbledore too, I adore him so much..'

What about if you slip something like,
'what do you think of Harry? he seems nice. And Hermione, isn't she adorable?'
You know, just stuff like that. Get your listener involved in the conversation.
Just try to avoid the word I.
Well, sometimes I do it too, to be honest.

And one more thing we really really often do,
we commented very slightly on someone's story,
just because we think we have something more important or amusing to tell.
BUT, A VERY BIG BUT,
if we are the ones to tell the story, we would like to hear an impression, right?
we want to be heard, and noticed.
In that way, we use the word I more because we tell stories of our own.

Now, I've been trying not to use the word I, but it's too hard.

We have to understand and try to be sensible of everyone's feeling.
No matter who he/she is.
Don't just think about yourself, you got tons of people around you to pay attention to.

Lemme tell you a story,
there was this one guy, I had a long chat with him.
I told a story, it's about me doing weird things. I suppose he was not interested but I kept going instead.
He seemed to pay no attention, and just saying uh-huh, oh, yeah, and stuff.
and as soon as I finished my story, he came up with his own.
No comments, no compliments, nothing.

Well, from that on, I listened to every single of everyone's story because I know how it feels to be ignored, and hell yeah, it hurts.
So, guys, let's be good to each other.
I hurt people all the time, and I don't want you to do that.

Right now, I know you're thinking that I have no right to tell you anything bout your life.
But believe me, it hurts. And if you don't care, you are going to be the one to feel hurt inside.


Learning from my all of the blunders I've made,
Devy



0 comments: