CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Leaving FRIENDS, Leaving HOME, Leaving FAMILY, Leaving BALI, Leaving INDONESIA

The day after tomorrow is the day that I'm gonna leave.


I'm gonna leave my friends, -well I don't have that much of friends, but I really appreciate those who stand by me-

I'm gonna leave my family, -my parents, the reason why I'm doing this. my brothers, who always wanted the best for me-

I'm gonna leave home, -the only place I've been living in, it is even older than me, it's 20 years old now-

I'm gonna leave Bali, -the island I always worship, where I've done everything I've ever accomplished-

I'm gonna leave Indonesia, -which I decried the most, but deep inside, I am always proud of it in International Events, despite of the poverty, corruption-


Leaving.. I've been thinking bout it since ever. 
But I don't really feel like doing it,
even though I've packed my things, I've said goodbyes, I've known where I'll live in SG
but there's this one thing,
I'm still at home. 


I still joke around with my bros, I still chat with my mom,
and most of all, I'm still at home. 


I'm proud of my mom.
I'm the only daughter she's got, but yet, she packed my things with no hesitation.
Man, how could she be that strong??
Me, I sometimes cried at night, knowing I won't be sleeping on this bed anymore. 
Gosh, I'm so fragile. 


My bro,
There was this one night, when he went to my room,
said that he wanted to spend the night with me.
Then, he talked about me going to SG, how they will miss me,
how he always wanted the best for me.
Both of us cried that night, all together, holding each other's hand until we fell asleep.


I promised  everyone here, that I will be good,
living life there happily,
and
reach all of my ideals.

It seems like this goodbye, means 
a new start for me.
Where I can erase my past -which I am not proud of-
Where I can do better
Where I can start to learn to treat people better
Where I can be someone new,
someone better.


Goodbye friends, home, family, Bali, Indonesia,
Devy C

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Semangat, vy....

tere616.blogspot.com said...

Take care yourself and see you there :-)

Don't ever ask why your mom can be a stronger person, believe me, deep down she missed you already.

One day, when you become a mother, then you'll know.

Pls do share your stories in your blog, will visit your blog though.

Devy said...

Thanks Tere. I will.
Thanks juga mba devy..

a2i3s™ said...

semangat!

takatophilip said...

duh.. mengharukan skali... sukses di SG dan jangan lupa tempat asalmu nak (kakek2 mode on)

Devy said...

thanks takatophilip and a2i3s..

Omyo said...

Gud luk aja ya ndooo,...
hiks,.sambil baca trednya,.

Anonymous said...

never say goodbye...
see you soon.. that's better

Genta said...

bye Dayvee.... I wish you the best there......
and I will miss you all the time....
See you
Keep in touch.....
GOD BLESS US

david santos said...

Apa kabar ?
Aku suka postingan mu
Semoga hari mu menyenangkan
Terima Kasih

Ellie said...

oii.. ne dephie?
hdu.
koq aq nangis ya e T.T
kokomu baek banged..